Vista de conjunto
Now seeking: Dreamers. In marketing communications, we dream it and create it. All of the company’s promotional and communication needs are completed in-house by these “creatives” in an advertising agency-based set-up. This includes everything from advertising, promotions and print production to media relations, exhibition coordination and website maintenance. Everyone from artists, writers, designers, media buyers, event coordinators, video producers/editors and public relations specialists work together to bring campaigns and product-centric promotions to life. If you’re a dreamer, gather up your portfolio and show us your vision.Garmin is adding one more enthusiastic individual to our in-house Communications team.
We are looking for a full-time Art Director for our headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. In this role you will provide visual communications talents in the development of print and interactive advertising, collateral, in-store and event materials and other marketing materials; handling projects from concept to layout &design, to final production.
Key responsibilities also include:
– Meet with appropriate teammates to identify and define project parameters
– Develop and visualize multiple concepts for any given project
– Finalize concepts into finished comps for presentation, reviews and approvals
– Outsource appropriate resources to supply finished goods. Define and provide specifications for production and obtain documented cost estimates for processing and approval
– Provide direction on photo and video shoots
– Produce final artwork and incorporate into final layouts
A High School Diploma or GED and minimum of 5 years creative experience in a graphic design studio or advertising ad agency environment is required.
Qualified candidates for this role will possess the following education, experience and skills:
– Demonstrated proficiency using Mac OS and utilizing the Adobe Creative suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
– A portfolio demonstrating exceptional understanding and use of concept and design
– Demonstrated knowledge in the application of pre-press production methods and final production follow through
– Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
– Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
– Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment
– Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively
Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communication, Graphic Design, Web Design, Advertising or related field preferred.
At Garmin, we like to laugh, have fun and work hard. It comes easily when you work on leading-edge products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. We offer numerous opportunities to get involved (kickball anyone?) and believe strongly in a work-life balance so your creativity can flow.
Garmin offers one of the most comprehensive compensation and benefit plans around. We offer extensive health care coverage with little to no contributions, depending on the plan. Plus, we offer dental insurance, an employee stock purchase plan, a Retirement Plan, and much more… trust us, it doesn’t get much better than this. Unless of course, you want to talk table tennis, fitness spaces, product discounts… come on, what are you waiting for? Apply today.