Vista de conjunto
Assist with escheat due diligence process, including processing returned letters, working closely with Accounts Payable and other Verizon departments to reissue checks as required by the mass mailing responses, and completing required state paperwork.
Assist with the reconciliation of all unclaimed property liability accounts. Identify reconciliation variances, investigate resolutions and record and/or correspond correcting journal entries.
Complete daily banking activity related to disbursement and depository accounts.
Assist in the returns to cash application process, including research unidentified checks that are received into the department and record necessary journal entries.
Assist with the maintenance of unclaimed property databases.
Communicate with customers, vendors and employees in response to unclaimed property inquiries.
Complete special projects as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, related field or equivalent experience required
· 2 years accounting or finance experience required
· Prior treasury or financial analysis experience highly desired
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to communicate complex information clearly and precisely
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· PeopleSoft and/or v SAP experience preferred
· Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
Acerca de Verizon
We have work because our customers value our high-quality communications services. We deliver superior customer experiences through our products and our actions. Everything we do we build on a strong network, systems and process foundation. The quality and reliability of the products we deliver are paramount. Customers pay us to provide them with services that they can rely on.